Saturday, April 12, 2014

The nature in all of us

 Our dreams are only as big as we allow them to be and we all choose are own paths. But the question is what inside of us forces some of us to reach for dreams that are too big for others to even picture? Why do some of us have drive that can't be stopped, while the other percentage of us struggle to roll out of bed each morning? This leads me to an ongoing debate....nature versus nurture.
 This is a debate I find myself having more often than not. Somewhere down the line by my mother or Midwest mentality I was taught that my dreams would come true when I found my prince, got married, and started a family. Now that I have an amazing husband and my wonderful mini me, I could not be more thankful. But I do realize now my family is a blessing that I was lucky enough to be given, not a dream that I chased and conquered.
To me our dreams are something you have to fight for, a competition to be the best of something you are passionate about, and to make a living while doing something you love. I do not think that type of dedication is something you can be taught, but your nature to fight and strive for more.
I think that each of us struggle with what we were taught is the cookie cutter right way to be and the person inside of us that we wish we could be. Lately, Ive been trying to tap into what my dreams are really made of and I think you should too. Whatever it may be let's all try and strive for something that we have always wanted to do, but always thought was too big. Because who ever convinced you that it was..... is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin