Saturday, May 17, 2014

Watch it grow

I currently live in a condo, but there is not a day that goes by where I am not on my Internet search looking for a house for our little family. The main reason is my adventurous toddler NEEDS a backyard. Mama needs a backyard too because I am dying to start a garden. Not only to be proud of my beautiful flowers and feel accomplished the first time I cook with one of my delicious tomatoes, but for my daughter and me. For us to have a special hobby and place where we can go to watch our planets grow, but more importantly our relationship.
Nola (my daughter) loves flowers, so since we can not have our garden I dream of now we decided to start out smaller.
We are starting out with this...

A small plant we purchased for $5.99 and since then it has brightened both of our days ever since we bought it home, four days ago. When we bought it it did not have any buds, but as you can see in the picture above our beautiful flowers are starting to bloom. :)
I had no idea my two year old would not only enjoy are plant as much as she does, but understand the process of making it grow. Each day we have sat on our little patio, watered the plant, and then I sit back with a smile as Nola talks up a storm and loves on our baby. This is such a good activity in soo many ways, I urge you to try this one out.
It also makes for a fun activity just walking around looking at all the flowers while searching for your plant. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!! We just started some of ours too! You can totally grow tomatoes in a pot and I'm DETERMINED to start one on our patio!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin