Friday, May 2, 2014

30 day challenge

Bikini season is just around the corner, but when I took a look in the mirror I wanted to cry!! When my daughter was born I busted my butt to lose the eighty pounds I had gained. I got so close, but some how I became comfortable with almost to my goal weight.
 Now that my daughter is almost two years old I am wondering how I allowed myself to be satisfied with this extra 15 pounds I've been carrying around. 
So after being motivated by a dear friend I decided it is time to step out of my comfort zone and push myself for the month of May. It starts with Bikram's Hot Yoga three days a week at six am. Why on earth would I go to a six am class you ask...... because I have to go before my daughter wakes up or don't go at all. Which leads me to another part of my challenge..NO EXCUSES. We all can find an excuse not to work out because let's face it most of us do not enjoy working out until we see results! :) But we have to force ourselves to make it a priority. All of us want to be happy with the reflection we see in the mirror. 
The hardest part of my month of May challenge is to eat healthy. One thing I can not resist is carbs, salts, and sweets. So I have been trying to find healthy alternatives while still keeping things I enjoy in my diet. Eggs for breakfast, grilled chicken for lunch or dinner, and fruit for snacks. My main goal is to slowly cut out my favorite thing in the world... Dr.Pepper and absolutely no fast food!! It isn't easy, but a bikini bod is worth it. 
Start your own challenge for the month of May. Set your own guidelines no matter how big or small, but start tomorrow. You can do anything you set your mind to and there is nothing that can replace the feeling of setting a goal that seems impossible and accomplishing it. Take a before and after picture so you can look at your transformation and be proud.
Seems simple right... think again I almost passed out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin