Monday, May 5, 2014

That Special day back in 1929

Yesterday was a busy day for me so it's been bothering me all day that I did not get my post in before midnight to say Happy Birthday to one of my biggest influences. Not only is she one of the most inspiring icons for decades but I also consider her to be one of the biggest hearts to cross the big screen, in case you didn't guess yet...the answer is the stunning Audrey Hepburn. For as long as I can remember I have adored her for her undeniable poise, classic style, and her natural beauty. But as I've gotten older I now realize there was so much more to love about Ms.Hepburn.
Audrey played in 31 films and was one of the few people to ever win an academy, Grammy, Tony, and Emmy award but these were no where near her greatest accomplishments. Later in life she realized she wanted put her efforts and passion into something else that had always moved her. So from 1988 to 1992 she dedicated her life to  traveling the world with UNCIF visiting orphanages, walking the villages, and talking with leaders to try and fix life threatening issues. When you read her thoughts of her travels to the rough environments of south America, Somalia, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Japan, Sudan, and Turkey it deeply inspires me. Here is a quote from where you can find sad, but interesting details of her travels from "Audrey Hepburn- ambassador of children", this quote below can give you an idea how passionate she was about the hungry.
"I went into rebel country and saw mothers and their children who had walked for ten days, even three weeks, looking for food, settling onto the desert floor into makeshift camps where they may die. Horrible. That image is too much for me. The "Third World" is a term I don't like very much, because we're all one world. I want people to know that the largest part of humanity is suffering, that starvation exists even in a wealthy country like America - which is scandalous, a true disgrace...."
To me her biggest accomplishment was making her final trip in 1992 to Somalia just four short months before she died of cancer. She literally devoted herself  to making a difference in these starving malnourished children's life each step of the way until the day that she died. The world needs more people like this caring beauty. Audrey you inspire me with every step I take, Happy Birthday!! Know that you are remembered and adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin